Facebook is celebrating Pride month and so are users as the platform offers photo frames with Pride filter for users to edit their profile pictures.
Pride month allows people to celebrate themselves and gives others a chance to show their support. As always, Facebook is also showing its support by bringing back the filter that was used by many back in June.
Just like Facebook, Instagram also has its own way of showing support for Pride Month.
How to Get Facebook Pride Filter Photo Frame
If you want to add the Pride filter photo frame to your profile picture, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes. Make sure you are logged into your account when you click on the link and make sure you have the photo you want as your profile picture.
- In the left search box, search for “fbpride”. You will come across two options to choose from. The first filter lets you have a circle of pride on your photo while the other has waves of pride on your photo.
- Reposition the photo as desired.
- You can choose to go back to the original photo by selecting a period at the bottom.
- Once selected, click “use as profile picture”.
Why is Pride Month celebrated in June?
According NewsweekPride month is celebrated annually in June as it is a product of the Stonewall Riots which took place in June 1969.
The riots were followed when police raided the Stonewall Inn, a bar in New York, where the LGBTQ+ community often hung out. People got angry when it was reported that bar workers had been arrested. The riots lasted five days.
While there have been several other instances where the LGBTQ+ community has faced discrimination, the Stonewall riots were the first to garner media attention. For this reason, Pride Month is celebrated in June.
How is Pride Month celebrated?
Pride month is celebrated in many ways and you can be a part of it too. To start, several parades are organized around the world to allow people from the LGBTQ+ community and their supporters to come together.
At the same time, there are many volunteer options that allow people to give back and help the community. That being said, Pride Month doesn’t have to be limited to June, as you can still campaign for LGBTQ+ rights even after the month is over.
In other news, 3LW fans think a comeback is on the horizon – but with only two of them